Title: New York Times Page One, 1951—2002
Author: New York Times
New York Times (2002). The New York Times Page One, 1951—2002. Edison, NJ: Galahad Books
D358 .N49 2002
- History, Modern–19th century–Sources.
- History, Modern–20th century–Sources.
- History, Modern–21st century–Sources.
- American newspapers–Sections, columns, etc.–Front pages.
- American newspapers–Facsimiles.
Date Updated: June 26, 2015
This collection of front pages of the New York Times is a unique format for studying U S History. It is historicist, because the journalists who did the news reports are always contemporary to the event, (the biases of the time are evident). Also, since newspapers are businesses, the front page must always be relevant to the audience’s concerns if the newspaper is to remain popular. The New York Times has had the reputation of excellence in journalism for centuries. This is a classic in journalism and a great resource for teachers, students, and history buffs.